This position is a great career opportunity for a motivated professional interested in directly benefiting financially from their achievements in sales and business development.
Tecknowledgey is a distributor and supplier of industrial equipment and vehicle components from multiple manufacturers as well as Tecknowledgey manufactured products.
In addition to our great product selection, we offer value added services such as application engineering, component modifications and sub-assembly fabrication.
The position is home based in any state and reporting to Tecknowledgey director of sales in New York headquarters office. The responsibilities of the Sales Engineer will be to develop new business opportunities and to increase sales, which includes establishing relationships with new suppliers of products as well as maintaining and expanding the existing customer base.
- Conduct market research to develop leads
- Direct marketing to potential and existing customers including sales visits.
- Understanding and anticipating customer needs and finding product solutions
- Attending trade shows that will lead to new customers or suppliers
- Develop new distributor relationships with suppliers based on new customer requirements and strategic market initiatives
- Maintain existing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Provide concise sales activity reports and communication
- At least a 4 year engineering degree (electrical preferred)
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience in technical sales. Entry level candidates may be considered if they are able to demonstrate their aptitude for sales and have excellent communications skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal relationships with customer and peers and be viewed as an asset to customers
- Must be self-directed, organized and resourceful
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and benefits
The compensation package will be based upon the ability to fulfill the business objectives together with a fixed salary. Health insurance compensation and retirement plans will be offered.
Technical training with experienced employees will be provided.